20080309

Inaugural Post


Hello Friends.

I'm glad that I can finally kick this off; although I've seen some of you more recently than others, I can't deny the fact that I've become slightly distanced from some of you and not intentionally so! It's hard to find excuses as to why I've not kept in touch so I'm not gonna try and fall back on any.

Either way, if you're reading this blog, you're all still a part of my life and I can assure you that I'm still me, just slutting it up in a different locale. To those who don't know me personally, just pretend that these posts are void of emotion and ignore the references I make to people and places that are of little to no importance to you. Regardless, I'd like to share a pretty important part of my ridiculous life with all of you - music.

From time to time, I will be updating this blog with another entry and another album, song, or mix that I feel like sharing. The first musical love package I will be presenting to you today consists of a great album from 1966 by five chaps who played together as The Monks. They were some crazy Americans living abroad in Germany as ex-military men who started out playing surf rock and eventually evolved into the totally rad band that laid this fuckincredible album down.



I don't know if this album has been re-mastered to sound the way it does, but I'm more inclined to say that the way these guys approached playing rock 'n roll allowed for a sound that hits so much harder than anything from this period of time, which means a lot to me since I've spent too much time wading through old-school obscurities only to hear limp and muddled byproducts of one music's most fascinating eras - clearly the period before psych knew it was psych and was just bizarre and gritty, duh. N'DURR.

Check out this video to see how real these guys kept it and how they gave these otherwise lifeless Germans a taste of passionate and lively groov. And dig the haircuts!

It has been pretty fun just walkin around NYC for the past few months with these guys providing a kooky and groovy soundtrack to my day-to-day life, so I hope you all enjoy it.

Download the record here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/98294080/The_Monks_-_Black_Monk_Time.zip

This is just the beginning...

If you have any questions about using rapidshare.com, just post below.

Later all

*

2 comments:

peter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jd637 said...

nice man, glad this is finally up and running