20080619

Summer 2004 (Lemonheads)


!

Friends, the time has finally come for me to offer you something really special. The story goes like this...

Back in February, within the first couple of weeks my wonderful (and continuing) work experience, the boss put on a great record that I knew I had to have. Not only would its sound have a nice little influence on my taste and my own music for the months to come, but I envisioned listening to these tunes in my favorite environment, Brussels in the summertime. Between not being able to find this shit ANYWHERE, not in record shops or the on the internet, I had the chance to put this album off and not wear it out up until now. That's because I finally got my act together and forced a new friend to help me manage my first vinyl rip.

BUT, as this is fucking lame shit, of course the vinyl rip was a semi-tone below normal pitch, thwarting my efforts to provide you with an exclusive musical offering. Well, FUCK IT. I just found a CD copy of the same goddamn record here with additional tracks! I strongly suggest checking out the rest of the great New Zealand albums that this person has to offer, but for now, I am gladly hosting this incredible record on my on dime right here.

juv
The cover of the record that I would've presented before you had I ripped her right

In my opinion, every track on this album sounds like a small victory. Simply triumphant.

*

No comments: