20081227

Prayers answered...

Hoyeh

Been another little while. Suppose I've been too busy scouring other blogs n such to even tend to mine, not that I ever thought I would. Sure, in a way, this is really just a bulletin board for me to put things up for friends n family, but in me there is a desire to put something up that would benefit the greater internet community. Hence, my refraining from doing the already did.

Anyway, coinciding with my ever-growing addiction to eBay and affiliated auction sites, I came across a cheap copy of Bobby Brown's 3rd LP "Prayers Of A One Man Band" from 1978. The title of the record sums it up nicely though, seeing as this guy was a real deal one man band street performer from the west coast. A mystic and all around new age'r, his first album was a highly conceptual and very meditative record whereas his 2nd was just a live album. This one is more quirky, dance-y, and sort of lovable. One standout track is "Hawaii Nei I'll Miss you", which I came across in Tim Koh's Flying & Falling mix. A great mix which you can find yet again at lovefingers.org.


>>>Sail on<<<

Thanks to Matt for the rip work and happy holidays to all

*

2 comments:

PRICE RIGGER FORD said...

Thanks so much for this. I've posted Bobby's live album on my blog here:

http://dopecastle.blogspot.com/

Cheers!

Alex Deley said...

Can you please repost this record? I am desperately trying to find it.